*** Updated September 2021 ***
- Safeguarding Children and Young People-
Commencing in the 2018-19 cricket season, SECA has endorsed and adopted Australian Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children and Young People, Australian Cricket’s ‘Looking After Our Kids’ Code of Behaviour for ALL Affiliated Associations and Clubs, and Australian Cricket’s Commitment to Safeguarding Children.
Clubs Responsibilities - Minimum Required
Att. Member protection + Child Safety Officer
There has been a recent change to the Child Safety Framework (CSF) for all clubs and associations within Cricket Australia.
This email is to outline what will now change regarding what is expected from each club to satisfy the Child Safety actions.
The actions required for each club to complete are (with changes to these actions in CAPITALS):
Evidence of action completion required to be sent to the SECA Secretary:
There are not many changes from previous years, more additions than changes. Here are two examples:
1. How clubs and associations receive consent or acknowledgement relating to transporting children and use of images.
2. Livestreaming of cricket matches is also becoming more widely used within community competitions, and the Code of Behaviour provides risk management measures for livestreaming matches that clubs and associations should consider.
The completion date of Member Protection club actions are now required to be completed by COB Friday 29th October 2021.
Evidence of action completion, required to be sent to the SECA Secretary (or SECA MPO, details below): *Ideally sent with club affiliation forms
1. A copy of (your clubs) committee minutes (or the relevant part thereof) with the statement from #1 above
2. Contact details for your Child Safety Officer
3. A link to your club website (or social media page) where the documents are uploaded/ displayed.
4. Your clubs President is to sign the Child Safety Commitment Statement & return
*ALL Documents needed for completion/ return, are available for download below.
To comply with SECA, CV and CA (& more importantly the safety of ALL juniors) EVERY SECA affiliated club shall-
Complete + Return these Docs by Friday October 29 2021
* If these actions are not completed (by due date), the 'non-compliant' club
WILL NOT be permitted to play in ANY SECA competition until such time as completed.
Clubs can then utilise the resources provided by Cricket Australia and Cricket Victoria to embed further practices (e.g. recruitment and screening, posters, policies). Likewise, any clubs/ associations looking for support in going beyond the minimum requirements are welcome to contact me for suggested next steps and training opportunities.
Please use the links below to access these policies/ required documents, as referenced above
CA Website Link > Where you can download documents required & further info -Click Here
Australian Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children and Young People
Australian Cricket’s ‘Looking After Our Kids’ Code of Behaviour for Affiliated Associations and Clubs
Australian Cricket’s Commitment to Safeguarding Children and Young People